Sunday, July 25, 2010

GAME Plan Progress

I have decided to slightly adjust my GAME plan. Instead of looking for ways to adjust my teaching to fit my students' various learning styles, I will look for resources and begin a collection of websites, articles, and lesson plans that I could use with my students when I have my own classroom. Because I am able to teach any age, I will look at sites that are not age specific, but I will also look at a variety of resources that are age specific. I would like to create a location where I can keep all of the resources in one place (this blog would even work for that, but I haven't figured that part out yet) and organized so that they are easy to access for myself and anyone who is interested.

I am still interested in communicating with other teachers about technology related issues. I am working on contacting teachers in my area that would be interested in this. Some have asked if this networking would be for teachers and their students to join myself and my class on projects, but at this point I am simply interested in sharing ideas and resources with other teachers. In the future I do believe that it would be beneficial to network with classes, but not at this time.

3 comments:

  1. Amber,

    From reading your post, I am gathering that you do not know which age you will be teaching? Are you a beginning teacher, and waiting on a classroom? I know that might be a frustrating process because you aren't able to plan efficiently until right before school starts! Good luck to you with this!

    I do have a few websites that might be of help while you are planning for the "unknown":
    www.internet4classrooms.com
    http://jc-schools.net/tutorials/interactive.htm
    http://www.kidsknowit.com/

    I hope these help start you in the right direction. Again, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber,
    As a specialty teacher I group my lessons: K-1, 2-3, 4-5. I keep my resources and lesson plans filed this way. Modifications can easily be made to lesson plans to fit the level, and grouping my lesson plans this way allows me to have a variety of levels in one group (which is what any contained classroom has). This might be a way of you to "store" the resources you have found and the lesson plans you have developed. You have such a wide range of students that you can teach. It is quite impressive. Do you have a preference?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn-
    I am a new teacher waiting on a classroom and it is very frustrating not know what grade I will be teaching and where to focus my searching.
    Sonia-
    That is how I would try to group them as well. Specific, but not too specific. I would prefer to teacher first or second grade, but I have been doing a lot of long term high school math (two maternity leaves and two summers of summer school). When I am subbing day to day, I am usually in the lower grades so I definitely get a variety of students.

    ReplyDelete