Friday, July 16, 2010

Beginning the GAME Plan

Until I have a full time position, it is difficult to work towards my goal of incorporating more activities that teach to the students' learning styles. However, I am collecting resources to use when I am able to work on this goal. I have started collecting websites and information that will be helpful to me when looking at my lessons and how to adapt them to my students.

I have begun working towards my other goal of networking with other teachers in my area. I have started to locate teachers who I have worked with to see if any of them would be interested in joining a network that would be centered around technology.

I have received a few sources already for different ways to look at my students' learning styles, but I am always interested in other sources as well. As for networking, I am trying to figure out the best way to complete this goal and what would be the most efficient way to communicate with other teachers.

2 comments:

  1. Amber,
    I wish you luck in finding a full time position. When you write the word "networking" do you mean teachers and students that will collaborate virtually with you and your students? It is so funny, but facebook has become such an important communication piece for teachers in my school. If I write something to one teacher about a lesson I would like to do with her class, many other teachers chime in, wanting to know more details and it has started a buzz. I never imagined facebook would be the tool I needed to get the classroom teachers excited about technology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber,
    I suppose your situation is quite different. However, I think you have some really good ideas that will prepare you for when you do get that full time position. Definitely use this time to your advantage because all of this new knowledge and information can be used in your teaching portfolio. I am sure that administrators would love to hear all of the wonderful ideas that you have which are centered around technology.

    Meghan

    ReplyDelete